Over at Went West, I’ve been relentlessly analyzing and parsing every imaginable aspect of our upcoming move from Missoula to Elkins, West Virginia. Here’s what the series is looking like so far:
- Went West is moving east: I never would have guessed I’d be moving to a small West Virginia town.
- The lights are much brighter there: My attitude toward city life has changed a lot over the last few years.
- Some of my best friends are cities!: I don’t hate cities. I just don’t want to live in one right now.
- The costs of small-town life: What I’ll lose by moving from a city to a small town.
- Why would anyone move away from Missoula: Missoula is right to brand itself “The Best Place”-but we’re still out of here.
- The benefits of living close to family: Rather than buy an iPhone, I’ll just move closer to my parents.
- What I’m looking forward to about small-town life: Getting used to looking forward to the “small” in “small town.”